Introduction to Node.js
- Understanding the event-driven, non-blocking I/O model of Node.js.
- Introduction to NPM (Node Package Manager) and its significance in managing dependencies.
- Setting up the Node.js environment and runtime.
- Writing and executing basic Node.js scripts.
- Exploring modules and using them to organize code.
- Understanding asynchronous programming concepts in Node.js.
- Using callbacks, Promises, and Async/Await for handling asynchronous operations.
- Managing multiple asynchronous tasks efficiently.
Building HTTP Server
Express.js - Building Web Applications
- Introduction to Express.js, a popular Node.js framework for building web applications.
- Setting up an Express.js application and creating routes.
- Using middleware for request processing and handling.
Working with Databases
- Connecting to databases like MongoDB or MySQL using Node.js.
- Performing CRUD operations with databases using Node.js.
- Implementing data models and handling data retrieval and storage.
- Designing and building RESTful APIs with Node.js and Express.js.
- Implementing API endpoints for data retrieval, creation, update, and deletion.
- Handling authentication and authorization in API development.
- Introduction to Socket.IO for real-time communication between clients and servers.
- Building real-time chat applications and live notification systems.
Middleware and Error Handling
- Understanding middleware functions and their role in request processing.
- Implementing custom middleware for authentication, logging, and error handling.
Security and Best Practices
- Best practices for secure Node.js development.
- Implementing security measures to prevent common vulnerabilities.
- Securing APIs and handling user authentication securely.
Deploying Node.js Applications
- Deploying Node.js applications on various platforms and cloud services.
- Optimizing Node.js applications for performance and scalability.
Project Work and Hands-on Exercises
- Building a real-world Node.js project from scratch.
- Hands-on exercises to reinforce the concepts learned throughout the course.